If February was all about love, then March is all about luck. What is luck? How do we get it? And if we do, how do we get more?
Luck in general, is referred to as something that just tends to happen and is not under our control. Whether it’s good or bad, it’s all either a wild coincidence or a gift from the cosmos. It’s considered to be something you cannot influence. After all, if you can directly influence something, it’s no longer luck, right?
Well I say, wrong.
Just think about those individuals, we all know them, who seem overly lucky all the time. Sure it’s possible that it’s all chance, but what if they’re just really good at noticing and creating these opportunities. What if they have lucky habits…
Think about this, as kids we’re taught about lucky pennies. “See a penny pick it up, and all the day you’ll have good luck!” Well, how many of you are actually looking for pennies or coins? Because the opportunity is there, we just don’t embrace it. I saw a story in The New Yorker a few years ago about a guy in NYC who collected on average of $58.00 a year in coins off the street, $58.00! That’s free money, a lot of good luck, and that sounds like a very lucky habit to me.
So what are lucky habits? Do you do some of them already? Can you do more? I found these 6 and I want to share them with you.
1. Don’t wait. We’ve all heard the quote, “Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.” Things aren’t going to happen for you, preparation is key.
2. Think before you do. For every action, there is a reaction.
3. Don’t overthink things. If opportunity knocks, answer the door.
4. Don’t repeat mistakes. Learn and grow.
5. Be calm and optimistic. Find the good, even in the bad.
6. Never give up. Keep moving, reaching, and pushing. If you have the heart to never give up, eventually a day will come when the stroke of luck that kept passing by will be forced to turn and say hello.
Create some habits, even if it’s just one, and I bet if you mix it with a little love, you too will find luck.